Terms & Conditions of Hire
Your booking constitutes a contract of hire between you as the hirer and us as the owners of Woodlands Manor Farm and is subject to the following conditions.
To place a booking you must be over eighteen. You must ensure that everyone in your party complies with these Conditions of Hire.
Arrival and Departure
The booking is from 5pm on the day of arrival to 9am on the day of departure unless otherwise agreed.
Payment and Booking
If you book eight weeks or more prior to the day of arrival, we require a non-refundable deposit of 33% of the total hire cost of your stay to secure the booking, with the balance due eight weeks before the start of your stay. If you book less than eight weeks in advance, the full price is payable at the time of booking. Please note all bookings are provisional until the hire fees are paid as stated in this paragraph and the owners have confirmed receipt. Provisional bookings are held for 3 days unless agreed otherwise by the owners.
If you cancel your booking at any point after you have paid your deposit, your deposit is not refundable. If we have not received full payment by eight weeks before your day of arrival we will assume that you have cancelled your booking. If you cancel your booking once you have made full payment, we will only provide a refund if we are able to re-let the cottage, with the refund based on the new letting price, less your deposit. We strongly recommend that you take out holiday cancellation insurance.
We reserve the right not to hand over the cottage to anyone who in our opinion is not suitable to take charge, in which case we will refund the hire charges in full and the contract is discharged. We reserve the right to enter the cottages at any time during the period of hire.
If you tell us about anything that’s not working while you’re here, we undertake to repair or replace it with due diligence or to make alternative arrangements. We are not liable to any claim should we be unable to do so for reasons outside our control, and we cannot be held responsible for the failure of public services such as electricity, water etc.
You agree to
· Limit the maximum number of people occupying the cottage to that stated on our website, except by prior agreement.
· Be responsible for the cottage and to take good care of it, leaving it clean and tidy at the end of the hire period. You are responsible for extra cleaning costs if necessary.
· Return anything moved from one cottage to another, if your party hired more than one cottage.
· Ensure that there is no unreasonable amount of noise within or around the cottage particularly at night, in the interests of other guests on the farm.
· Tell us promptly about any failure, loss or damage to any electrical or other equipment or fitment.
· Pay us the cost of repairing or replacing, at our discretion, any loss or damage caused to the cottage or equipment during your stay.
Smoking and Vaping
Smoking and vaping are not permitted in the cottage or any other buildings including the games room, swimming pool and agricultural sheds.
If you have any complaint please tell us immediately, and will use all reasonable endeavours to rectify the problem.
We are not responsible for the death or any injury to you, your guests or third parties, for loss or damage to belongings, cars or contents, or any other personal possessions. Parents are responsible for the safety of their children at all times.
The contract of hire is governed by English Law, and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.